Breach at Old Inlet created by Superstorm Sandy
Welcome to SoMAS! Many opportunities await you here. There could be no better time to enter a career in marine and atmospheric sciences.
There are many opportunities for undergraduates at SoMAS. We offer 9 degree programs and 8 minors.
Over 100 M.S. and Ph.D. students in Marine and Atmospheric Sciences, as well as students in our new M.A. in Marine Conservation and Policy study at SoMAS. Our graduate programs stress rigorous, interdisciplinary approaches to problem solving.
- Dr. Ellen Pikitch received the prestigious Oscar Elton Sette Award from the American Fisheries Society
- R/V Seawolf Cruises With University of West Indies Students
- SoMAS Professor appointed Editor-In-Chief of Journal of Geophysical Research – Atmospheres
- Sharknado Touches Down on Long Island!
- Search for the next Dean of the School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences