Every two years, the School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences produces a report to summarize the activities of the school. The 2016-2017 report celebrates our 50th Anniversary and includes additional content that showcases our celebratory events and memories.
This report is divided into several sections; some sections highlight a different aspect of the activities at SoMAS for 2016-2017, while others discuss accomplishments during our 50 years here at Stony Brook University. A brief description of each section is below:
- Welcome! – A message from the Dean and the introduction to the report
- 50MAS Stories – Stories from faculty, staff, students and alumni celebrating Fifty Years of Making Scientific Research Count.
- Timeline – A chronicle of the history of SoMAS and MSRC.
- People – A listing of the faculty at SoMAS, including Faculty, Staff, Joint and Adjunct Faculty, and our Endowed Professorships. This page also includes the membership of the Dean’s Council and featured profiles of our alumni.
- Awards – Awards received by SoMAS faculty, staff and students
- Institutes and Facilities – Report on the institutes and facilities at SoMAS
- Research Highlights – Highlights of the research conducted at SoMAS
- Education Programs – Enrollment numbers and a description for each our Education Programs
- Publications and Grants – The publications and grants of SoMAS faculty
- Financials – The school’s funding data
- Social Media – Reporting information for the SoMAS presence on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter and Instagram