The cold rainy weather Thursday February 6th was no match for Souper Bowl VI. Thanks to the cooks who provided a hearty repast to beat back winter:
- Betsy Barrows – Escarole and White Bean Soup
- Jackie Collier – Vegan No-chill Chili
- Christina Heilbrun – Tomato Florentine Soup
- Jody Shepson – Mulligatawny
- Kaitlin Willig – Spicy Black Bean Soup
After delicious deliberation and secure paper balloting by the attendees, the accounting firm of Lwiza, Massucci, and Wilder certified the following three entries for special recognition:
- Bronze ladle – Kim Knoll – Mac and Cheese Soup
- Silver ladle – Karen Warren – Thai and Mexican Fusion Black Bean and Pumpkin Soup
- Gold ladle – Tom Wilson – Creamy Seafood Chowder
Generous donations at the event raised $300.00 for the Nuria Protopopescu Memorial Teaching Award, presented at Convocation for excellence in teaching by a SoMAS graduate student.
A donation from Distinguished Professor Emeritus Cindy Lee of $3,000.00 to the Protopopescu endowment put the account over $25,000 and guarantees that an annual award of at least $1,000.00 can be made in perpetuity for excellence in teaching by a SoMAS graduate student. For more about the award and to make a donation, visit: https://www.somas.stonybrook.edu/make-a-gift/nuria/
Thanks to everyone who helped to make this event another resounding success. See you next year!