As part of the Radar Observatory at SoMAS, the mobile Radar Truck contains the following equipment:
- Skyler, low cost, low power X-band phased array radar
- AirMar Weather Station for measuring temperature, wind, pressure, humidity
- Parsivel Disdrometer that measures the size, number and fall speed of precipitation (how much rain/snow, how fast and how big are the drops/flakes)
- Micro Rain Radar Pro (MRR-Pro), which analyzes the clouds above to find the different layers where snow turns begins to melt and then form rain drops, as well as the fall rate of precipitation.
- CHM15k Ceilometer which measures the height of the clouds.
- Cameras that capture the action in real time.
- Ability to launch weather balloons.