Applying to the MCP Program
Who should apply?
Students with a B.A. or B.S. in a natural science field, economics, mathematics or journalism are encouraged to apply. Students could be admitted with degrees in any field provided they have the qualifications listed below.
What are the qualifications for admission?
- Minimum 3.00 G.P.A in undergraduate and (if applicable) graduate coursework.
- One semester of college level biology, and three additional semester courses in college level math or science.
- The general Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
What is the deadline for applications?
Application review will begin in early February. Students will be accepted on a space available basis until the class is filled.
How to Apply
1. Fill out the online application to the Stony Brook University Graduate School. In your personal statement, please state why you are interested in the degree and indicate your career goals.
2. Identify three (3) people to provide letters of reference, and make sure they submit them when prompted by Apply Yourself.
3. Have ETS send Stony Brook University your official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores. Stony Brook’s code for reporting is 2548.
4. Arrange to have one (1) official transcript mailed to*:
Educational Programs Office
Endeavour Hall, Room 107
School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-5000
*Please note that item 4 applies to all transcripts other than Stony Brook University transcripts. Transcripts from Stony Brook University do not need to be mailed.
Still have questions?
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
Marine benthic ecology, animal-sediment interactions
Education Programs Assistant
107 Endeavour Hall